Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Intentionally Speaking...

 

in·ten·tion

noun \in-ˈten(t)-shən\
: the thing that you plan to do or achieve : an aim or purpose

"I intended to", "It was my intentions", "I meant to", and "I had good intentions to"..... Have these words ever rolled off your lips before? Believe me honey, I know they sure have been familiar visitors coming in and out of my mouth a time or two. Every time their visit is over, they leave a train wreck of false hope, regret, defeat, and failure behind. Then I'm always stuck trying to figure out how to clean up the mess it has made, until I start thinking maybe it wasn't my intentions that made the mess after all. Many of us have all the good intentions in the world, intending to spend time with God, to stop gossiping, cut unhealthy relationships, prepare that resume, write up that business plan, get in shape, be more punctual, be active in our God given ministry, etc..... but when they are not fulfilled as expected we fail to realize the problem wasn't really in our intentions but instead us. What is the common link of all 3 statements made above that I first started out with? Yeah, you guessed it right that word "I". When we start the sentence off with I, well we've started the direction and focus all wrong from the jump. You see when you say "I intended", "I intend", or "I have good intentions to", then you're focused on the you, me, I, within yourself, to accomplish these great plans and purposes you have. Let me tell you from experience, that is the wrong answer sis. You see in God's Word in Romans 7:18 it tells us, that in us, our flesh, dwells no good thing. So that is why when the focus starts inwardly to accomplish that, aim, goal, plan, or purpose, it doesn't get fulfilled or either it gets fulfilled, but in a negative carnal way. It's because in our carnal, sinful, flesh, we don't have the power or strength to do that which is good and right. Sis don't be fooled, you better believe the enemy knows that, and will work through our flesh so that we won't fulfill our good and great intentions. So we can remain idle and fruitless, and our words of "I intend(ed) to" become empty and vain. We'll be just like a car without gas, going nowhere. Likewise my sister know this, there is a fuel behind every fulfilled intention, purpose, aim, goal, and plan, and that is ACTION. This fuel comes from the greater person living on the inside of us, which is the Holy Spirit. That is who we need to look and listen to within, to shift our great intentions from a fantasy to reality. The bible tells us in Philippians 4:13 that we can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens us, not through yourself. So you don't have to be defeated, and continually spinning in the same inactive futile cycle. We have NO EXCUSES. Sorry to bust your comfortable and stagnant bubble girlfriend, but it's time to stop barely surviving in the hope of our intentions, and instead thrive in the success of our actions. How do you do this? I am so glad you asked! This starts by daily surrendering to AND obeying the Holy Spirit, when he gives you direction and instruction concerning your everyday intentions. Doing this you can then began to walk out those intentions, instead of just talking out those intentions. Then you will also accomplish them the way HE intends them to be carried out, according to HIS will which will bring glory to the Father. It's OK to start with intentions, because you need to start somewhere, but don't stay stuck there because the real power comes in the action that follows. This year let's stop starting, intending, and meaning, but move on to acting, producing, finishing, and succeeding! 

I love you all, but God loves you so much more!
Your Sister~Jassmine~A Dear Daughter Of The King!



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML